This page sets out the terms and conditions on which we provide our users with access to any of our websites (such as www.mixergy.io and www.mixergy.co.uk) and to any of our mobile applications. For ease of reference, we’ll refer to our websites and mobile applications together as our Site.
- How the Terms Work
Most of these Terms apply to anyone using our Site, whether they are just browsing or whether they are a registered account-holder with us. However, some features of the Site are only available to registered account-holders, and some of these Terms are only applicable to account-holders. By using our Site you are agreeing to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, then you may not use our Site.
- Who We Are
In all of our Terms we and us means Mixergy Limited, a company registered in the United Kingdom with registration number 09137387, whose registered offices are at 30 Upper High Street, Thame, Oxfordshire OX9 3EZ and whose principal place of business is at at 2 Canal View, Wharf Farm, Eynsham Road, Cassington OX29 4DB. Our VAT registration number is 211672830.
If you wish to contact us, you can email us at email@example.com or contact us using the “contact us” form or button on our Site.
- Our Services
Our obligations. We will provide the functions and services of our Site to you in material accordance with the relevant Terms. Some of these functions and services will only be available to user who have registered an account with us.
Your obligations. There are a few general obligations and provisions that will apply to all users of our Site, as follows:
- you confirm that you are authorised to enter into a contract with us on the relevant Terms, and to conduct any activities which you may conduct through your account. This means in particular that if you are an individual you are over eighteen years old and that if you are opening an account on behalf of a company or other business you are authorised by that business to act on its behalf;
- you may only use our Site for lawful purposes. You may not use it in any way that breaches any local or international law, for the purposes of fraud, or to transmit unsolicited advertising or spam;
- any information you submit at any time (whether registering for an account with us, or posting or commenting on any content) must be true and not misleading;
- you must not misuse our Site by introducing viruses or other malicious code to it or to our systems, nor try to gain unauthorised access to it or them, to any related systems or servers or to any related source code. You must not attack our Site through DDOS or otherwise. As you probably know, breaching this provision would be a criminal act, which may oblige us to report you to law enforcement and provide them with such information as we may have about you; and
- you must use our Site honestly. For example, you should not impersonate another, misrepresent your affiliation with any entity, or attempt to access anyone else’s account.
Use of personal data. We will use any personal data which you provide to us in connection with your use of our Site or services in accordance with our Privacy Notice. If you are part of a household or home of multiple occupancy, then you should ensure that you have the consent of all other occupants to enable our collection of data from the Mixergy water tank, and that you have drawn our Privacy Notice to their attention.
- Opening Your Account
Registration. You can register an account using our Site, to allow you to remotely control and receive readings from your Mixergy energy-saving water tank. In order to register you will be asked to provide a username, email, telephone number and password, and other optional information relating to your current tariff, utilities provider and water consumption.
Security. You must keep your account and password login details secure, and not allow anyone else to use your account. If any activity takes place on your account, then you are responsible for it. You must let us know immediately if you discover or suspect that someone else has accessed your account.
Access. We may disable or suspend access to your account at any time if you have failed to comply with the Terms or if we deem it necessary for security purposes.
Moving House, Moving the Tank and Account Closure. You must let us know immediately if you move house, uninstall the Mixergy water tank, or otherwise if you are no longer using the Mixergy water tank associated with your account. This is to ensure that we do not collect any data from the water tank based on its use by subsequent residents or users without their first registering an account with us.
- Using Our Services
Our Services. Certain functions of the Mixergy hot water tank can be controlled by you using your account within the Site. For example, you can schedule or boost your hot water from your smart phone to fit in with your daily life, and monitor your energy consumption and spending in real time. All functions and services we offer through the Site are subject to change from time to time, and are offered free and on an “as is” basis. In particular, we do not guarantee the accuracy of consumption and spending readings, or that any functions or services will be uninterrupted or available at any time.
Dependencies. Our services depend on your Mixergy hot water tank being connected to the Internet and on the availability of energy from your utilities provider. We are not responsible for your Internet connection or for the provision of energy to you.
Fault reporting. Please contact us immediately if you suspect there is any fault or defect in your Mixergy water tank. Depending on where you purchased or obtained your water tank, we may then refer you to your utility provider or installer or work with them towards resolution. We do not guarantee any fault resolution, particularly if there is no contract of sale between you and us.
- Intellectual Property Rights
Rights in our content. The intellectual property rights in all of the content on and in our Site belong either to us or to whomever licensed that content to us. You may not copy or make any use of that content without having first obtained our permission or permission from whomever owns the relevant intellectual property rights. Uses which are expressly permitted by law (for instance, if you print off a copy of some of our user guides your personal reference) are however allowed. If you would like to make any use of any of our content then please contact us and we can discuss this with you.
Termination by you. You may terminate any contract between you and us on the Terms and close your account by written notice to us at any time.
Termination by us. If you are in breach of the Terms, we may take any of the following actions:
- issuing you with a written warning specifying the breach and requiring its remedy;
- suspension or permanent withdrawal of your account and your use of our Site, and/or termination of any contract between you and us on the Terms;
- taking legal action against you; or
- disclosing your personal information to law enforcement authorities.
We also reserve the right to terminate any contract between you and us, and/or suspend or terminate your account, by written notice to you at any time. We will try to give you reasonable notice, and to exercise this right only in circumstances where termination is appropriate (for instance because we are unable to continue to provide our Site or because you have violated the Terms). However, nothing in our relationship with you guarantees your continued use of our Site.
Effect of Termination. Termination of the contract between you and us will not affect any rights or remedies of the parties in existence at the time of termination. For instance, if at the time of termination one of us owes the other any sums, then they will still be owed. Any of the Terms which expressly or impliedly survive termination will continue in force. Any termination of your account may in the deletion of Your Content. We do not guarantee that Your Content will be recoverable after termination or account closure.
- Our Liability to You
Our role in making the Site available is to provide the means to control and monitor our Mixergy water tanks. Because our role is limited, we limit and exclude our liability to an appropriate degree. This Section explains the ways in which our liability to you is limited and excluded.
- Where we don’t limit or exclude our liability. We do not limit or exclude our liability for anything for which we cannot lawfully limit or exclude our liability. For example, we do not limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for fraud. This statement takes priority over the rest of this Section and the rest of the Terms.
- No implied terms. We provide access to our Site on these Terms alone. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude any and all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, under common law, or otherwise.
- We’re at the mercy of the Internet. You understand that there is some inherent instability in communications networks and that we may need to take down or maintain our Site from time to time. You accept that access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we will not be liable if it is unavailable for any reason. At the same time, our Site is provided “as is” and without any warranty. For example, while obviously we do our best to correct defects and while we use commercially-available virus-checking software, we do not warrant that our Site will be uninterrupted, free from errors, or free from viruses or malicious code.
- Third parties. We are not responsible or liable for the actions of third parties or your interactions with them. Third parties may include, for example, other users of our Site, third party service providers who are linked from our Site, social media service providers, utility providers or installers, other residents of any premises at which a Mixergy water tank is installed, or the providers of any device or software which you use to access our Site.
- No indirect or consequential loss. We expressly exclude any liability for any indirect or consequential loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you in connection with your use of our Site. We are not liable for losses, damages, costs and expenses that are not foreseeable to both you and us at the time you open your account with us or which are not caused by our breach.
- No liability for certain kinds of loss. We expressly exclude any liability for any loss, damage, costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you (in each case whether direct or indirect) if that liability comes within one of the following categories: loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of data, loss of reputation, or loss of profit. In short, we are not liable for business losses.
- Cap on liability. Our total aggregate liability to you in connection with your use of our Site will be limited in all circumstances (whether arising in negligence, including tort, breach of contract or otherwise) to a maximum sum equal to the fees derived by us from your use of our Site during the twelve (12) months prior to the event giving rise to our liability (or, if no fees are derived, £50).
If we are subject to any third-party claim as a result of your breach of any of your obligations under the Terms, or as a result of your negligence, misrepresentation or other wrongful act, then you will indemnify us against that claim. Indemnifying us means you will indemnify us and hold us harmless against all costs, expenses, losses, damages or liabilities suffered or incurred by us as a result of or in connection with that third-party claim, including (without limitation) any legal and professional fees. You also agree to provide us with all reasonable assistance and information we may request from you in order to enable us to defend and settle the claim and mitigate our (and your) liability.
- Disputes and Governing Law
Governing law. The Terms and any contract between you and us on the Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Disputes with us. If any dispute arises between you and us in connection with your use of our Site, then you and we will attempt to resolve that dispute through discussion. If we are unable to resolve the dispute by discussion, then the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim relating to your use of our Site or any connected contract. However, if you are not resident in England or Wales then we reserve the right to bring proceedings against you in any court in your country of residence.
Linking to our Site. You can link to our Site provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal. You may not link to our Site in order to damage or take advantage of our reputation or to suggest any false form of association, endorsement or relationship between you and us. You may not “hotlink” to our Site or to any content on it, nor embed or frame any part of our Site or any such content on any other site. If we ask you to stop linking to our Site then you must do so immediately.
Third party links. Our Site may contain links to third party sites and resources. We have no control over these or over any service provided by those third parties. You use them at your own risk. In particular, if our Site integrates any third-party social media functions, then your use of those functions is governed by the applicable terms of the relevant social media providers.
- General Legal Provisions
Severance. If any court or competent authority determines that any provision or part-provision of the Terms is invalid, unlawful or unenforceable then that provision or part-provision will be severed from the rest of the Terms, which will continue in full force.
Entire agreement. The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us relating to your use of our Site. You acknowledge that you have not entered into any contract with us on the basis of any representation or warranty that is not set out expressly in the Terms.
Waivers. Our failure to enforce any provision of the Terms will not constitute a waiver of your breach of that provision. No waiver shall be effective unless in writing and is be effective in relation to the specific breach to which it is addressed.
Assignment. Any contract between you and us made on the Terms is personal to you, and you may not assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal in any of your rights and responsibilities under the Terms.
No agency. Nothing in the Terms creates any relationship of agency, partnership, or employment between you and us. Neither you nor we are authorised to enter into any commitment on behalf of the other, except as expressly set out in the Terms.
Third Party Rights. Except as expressly provided, a person who is not a party to any contract under these Terms shall not have any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any of them.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding the Terms or any concerns about any material featured on our Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the “contact us” form or button on our Site.
Last updated 02.08.2018